Instagram Video Marketing: Increase Your Instagram View in 2019
If you are on Instagram, then there is an element to fame that you like. It, however, could be because it is one of the easiest platforms to use to market products. Instagram mainly works using pictures. It does not really rely on text to sell rather it is about what people see. Other than pictures, Instagram also supports videos. The videos gather views just like the pictures do. How video views work might, however, be slightly different from how pictures work.
1. Always Pre-edit Videos on a Computer.
Android Smartphones and iPhones can capture high-resolution videos, but video editing apps still lack the features that video editing software provides. Pre-editing videos on a computer with popular software will enable you to produce videos that have 1:1 aspect ratios, or to stunning visual effects that will increase engagement.
Furthermore, the videos edited on a computer will look more professional, because you can use it to add intros or create smooth transitions between the shots in your Instagram video.
2. Post Content Consistently.
How often are you posting to your Instagram Stories? If you’re like most IG users and only post once a day when it’s convenient. Then you’re drastically undercutting your IG Stories ability to reach it’s an audience.
When it comes to posting on Instagram Stories, the more the merrier! We strongly suggest that you post quality content, do not sacrifice quality for quantity. Make sure that your IG Story posts are well thought out and well edited.
The way Instagram has their homepage set up, Instagram Stories of people you follow are placed at the top. The most recent stories are the ones that appear closest to your profile logo. The key word here is “recent” because only 4 Stories are viewable on the home page at once. This means in order to constantly stay in front of your audience, you need to outpost the people they follow.
However, not many of us have the time for this. We have busy lives & cannot spend 5 minutes of every hour posting content to our Instagram Stories. Fear Not! While posting constantly does give stories the maximum potential to reach it’s an audience. Posting at peak times of user activity will also give your IG Stories a big increase in views. Peak times vary based on audience & location, however here is an example of my peak posting times are 9 a.m. 1 p.m. & 8 p.m.
3. Use your Hash-tags Well.
They are closely related to the niche your product is in and they, therefore, need to be active. Do thorough researches before you engage a hash-tag. You may also add a subject to the hash-tag. It, however, should be related to what you are posting. The subject, being visible to people who look for similar tags, helps you attract more views and subsequently more likes.
4. Optimize Your Description.
Instagram is and (I’m assuming) will always be a highly visual platform. It’s all about the images and videos when we’re scrolling throughout feeds. A common error I see brands making, however, is not using the descriptions to draw users in. This is particularly important with video views; the description can actually convince users to watch them instead of scrolling past.
There are a few ways to optimize your description that are proven to increase video views:
- Your description should be long enough to capture interest, but not so long that users don’t feel the need to watch the video. It’s just like a blog post title. A video offers more context than a still image, so keep that in mind. Multiple studies have shown, however, that there is no specific best caption length. Test what works best for your audience.
- Put the most important and engaging stuff before the “see more” button if your caption is long. Use line breaks to section a long caption into more manageable chunks.
- Use hashtags for more engagement (as discussed above).
- Mention and tag relevant users, especially influencers; this can significantly expand your visibility by an average of 56%. One case study from Tommy Hilfiger showed an increase of 3x more video views than its average when it featured and tagged an influencer.
5. Schedule to Post at Peak Times.
While Instagram’s algorithm has somewhat affected when users see our posts, scheduling videos to go live during peak times can still make a huge difference. Since most engagement happens on Instagram content very soon after it’s posted, knowing your audience’s times of peak activity can still drastically increase your video views. Once you’ve got a solid first round of engagement, Instagram will boost the reach of your video, increasing your number of views further.
Here’s the thing; you’ll need to learn what the peak posting times are for your specific audience. It can actually vary widely from brand to brand. According to one study, for example, the best time to post on Instagram is on Mondays. Another found that the worst day of the week (if only slightly) was on a Monday.
6. Go Behind the Scenes.
What makes social media so engaging that any old John Doe can get an exclusive, behind the scenes look at the human side of their favorite brands and businesses. You can increase the number of Instagram video views by appealing to this desire in online users today. If you’re on the verge of releasing a new product, let your audience in on the secret! If you think your production process is aesthetically pleasing and uniquely appealing to your audience, record it and share it with your followers.
7. Give Your Videos a Professional Look.
The last tip on getting more views for your Instagram marketing videos is to give them a polished and professional look. You don’t have to be a master editor, there is plenty of user-friendly software available. Here are some applications that will send you on your way to making beautiful advertising shorts:
- Apple iMovie (Mac): Apple’s iMovie application is available free with all new iPhones, iPads and Mac computers. It’s a user-friendly tool that will allow you to perform basic edits to your video including captioning, adding music, enhancing the quality, reducing background noise, and more.
- Windows Movie Maker (Windows): Similar to iMovie, Windows Movie Maker is another easy-to-use video editor capable of creating fresh social videos without all the extra (sometimes complicated) features that come with programs such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Wondershare Filmora (Windows/Mac): This software app is extremely affordable, and specializes in quick video edits and enhancements.
- Cinefy: Is a quick mobile app more up your alley? Cinefy has hundreds of filters and animations while giving you as much editing power as desktop software, with the convenience of a mobile application.
With programs like these, you can get crafty and spruce up your Instagram marketing videos without spending hours learning a specialized skill.
8. Mention Other Accounts.
Whether you're trying to network or praise some loyal followers, @mentions are a strong way to gain views for your Instagram Stories.
When it comes to networking with other brands or influencers. Mention or shoutout those brand or influencer accounts to show your appreciation as a fan or even as a collaborative partner. Brands are famous for reposting user-generated content, this could give your account a good chance at being featured. Allowing you to gain more active & engaged followers for your Instagram Account.
Showing gratitude & appreciation towards your followers is by far one of the best ways to strengthen your relationship with them. Shouting out loyal followers allows them to feel like valued members of the community. Keep up with who is active & engaged in your account. Whether it be through your Instagram Storie views or engagement on feed post. Take notice to those accounts that are constantly consuming your content. Showing appreciation can turn a loyal follower into a loyal customer.